|Company:||John McNeil Studio|
|Location:||US – Berkeley, California|
|Job Level:||Mid-Level Staff|
|Job Functions:||User Experience|
John McNeil Studio is looking for a User Experience Designer to join our team in Berkeley, CA on a project basis. We are a collective of strategists, writers, designers, filmmakers, technologists, musicians and photographers who help companies tell compelling stories that build their brands.
The focus of your job as a User Experience Designer will be on creating compelling, highly-intuitive experiences for a variety of high-profile projects that include mobile, mobile web, tablet applications and desktop web components.
Our standards are high, and we’re looking for a user experience designer with equally high standards who can communicate with a wide range of audiences using visual design, illustration and storytelling as part of his or her process. We expect you to bring a truly creative approach and critical thinking to concisely synthesize business and user goals. We want someone who is borderline obsessive about the details, self-motivated, and capable of providing the keen UX insight and project team collaboration that turns great ideas into even greater creative.
• 2+ years in User Experience or Information Architecture
• Demonstrated knowledge of UX design for iOS, Android, Mobile Web
• Ability to write clean, precise and detailed client-facing documents and presentations
• High level of motivation to solve existing problems while thinking ahead to anticipate new and unknown issues
• Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams, collaborating with developers, visual designers, filmmakers and producers
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with both technical and non-technical project members
• Create process flows, site maps, wireframes, and key UX documentation
• Communicate ideas, best practices and guiding principles for creating world-class user experiences
• Facilitate project discovery and scoping workshops
• Conduct in-depth user research and competitive analysis
• Translate business requirements into documented navigation flows and wireframes
• Present concepts to clients, stakeholders and project teams
• Document user interface design standards and guidelines
• Drive product improvements based on research recommendations
• Manage multiple projects at the same time and be able to prioritize tasks and set expectations
Apply Via Emailjobs@johnmcneilstudio.com
Please send resume and portfolio to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Candidates who are not US citizens or permanent residents need to have authorization to work in the US in order to apply.