|Company:||Metro (Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority)|
|Location:||US – Los Angeles, California|
Request for Proposals:
Independent Contractor Graphic Design Support Services
Metro’s award-winning Creative Services group is seeking the services of talented and motivated individual graphic designers to provide freelance design services on an independent contract basis. We are looking for exceptional creative talent with a refined set of practical skills. Selected designer(s) will work with Metro’s in-house Design Studio team on design for print and web across a variety of brand communications such as advertising, customer communications, information design, mapping and motion graphics. We are looking for conceptually-minded, creative designers who are highly-organized, collaborative and proactive.
A Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Art, Advertising or a related field is required, with a minimum of three years solid experience in a professional design studio. Knowledge of Mac-based software is essential. The selected designer(s) must be highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat (Flash and After Effects fluency would be a big plus) – and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office is also necessary.
We are seeking a minimum contract commitment of one year, with up to two one-year extensions.
Compensation & Terms
• Independent Contractor’s compensation shall commensurate with qualifications and experience and subject to negotiation with Metro
• Metro will pay against submitted invoices per terms of the contract
• Insurance is required to work at Metro; specifics will be discussed at time of selection
• Services will be provided as an independent contractor. This engagement does not include employee benefits.
Period of Performance
• Independent contractor shall complete work within one year of award of contract, unless this Contract is terminated earlier or extended by Metro, as provided in the Contract.
• Metro may extend the Period of Performance at its sole discretion by exercising up to two one-year extensions by issuance of an appropriately funded modification to the Contract.
• Funding for this Contract is based upon availability of funds as determined by Metro’s fiscal budget which runs from July 1 through June 30 of each fiscal year. If funding is not approved for any subsequent fiscal year during which the Contract is in effect, Metro will issue a stop work notice.
Scope of Work
• Conceptualize original creative ideas, designs and layouts from concept to final and/or employ Metro’s existing design standards and templates
• Correctly create final artwork files for print and web
• Attend meetings and perform work at Metro’s downtown Headquarters building as needed
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with team
• Update files regularly to our on-site servers
• Deliverables will include files in appropriate software and file formats to regularly demonstrate progress, and also final files ready for printing and/or posting
• Passion for creative visual communication
• Refined typographic skills
• Self-starter attitude
• Highly organized, with a reverence for detail
• Effective communicator who enjoys working collaboratively and works well with multiple players
• Works well in a fast-paced environment
• Strong time management skills, with the ability to successfully track multiple projects and deadlines
Interested designers are requested to submit the following materials via email only:
1. Letter of Interest (why you are interested and why you would be the most qualified proposer)
2. Digital portfolio in PDF format of your best design work, with identification of your role in the project and the software programs used. (No more than six samples total, please).
3. Qualifications (resume and references)
4. Schedule of availability and proposed hourly rate of compensation
Use email subject: Independent Contractor – Graphic Designer
Note: the most highly qualified candidates may be invited for an interview.
1. Designer Portfolio (50%)
2. Designer Skill Set & Experience (20%)
3. Proposed Hourly Rate (20%)
4. References & Availability (10%)
Submit proposal requirements via email only as outlined above for consideration by 8am on January 25, 2012.
Please, no off-shore or job placement services.
Candidates who are not US citizens or permanent residents need to have authorization to work in the US in order to apply.