|Company:||Bath & Body Works Direct, Inc.|
|Location:||US – Reynoldsburg, Ohio|
|Job Level:||Junior Staff|
|Job Functions:||Copywriting, Project Management|
Establish editorial direction and creative concepts for all online projects to support the strategic and tactical objectives of bbw.com. Writes copy and executes direction in tone, style, story, and content for the BBW web site. Ensures that end results meet or exceed our brand and quality standards. Responsible for synergy of 3rd-party brands and sub-brands across the brand. Leads idea generation, always editing to the brand.
Reports To: Creative Director
Staff Responsibilities: None at this time; may require it in future.
• Write on-brand copy that communicates aspiration and function to the online customer
• Play an active role in seasonal creative exploration, contributing compelling and innovative ideas that drive the site execution.
• Create dynamic editorial content to support merchandising and marketing objectives. Ensure that the story/marketing message reflects current trends in the market place and meet customers' needs.
• Collaborate with graphic designers and art directors to ensure effective project completion
• Oversees work flow on assigned projects ensuring all deadlines are met
• Executes presentations and final execution of site themes and concepts
• Partner with brand's editorial team to ensure brand's goals translation into internet environment.
• May edit in-house and freelance copy to the brand tone
• Present concepts to senior leadership, representing overall creative strategy as needed.
• Excellent writing skills with an outstanding portfolio dedicated to concise communication and inspiring creative approaches
• Excellent knowledge of best practices for the Web with a particular focus on online retail
• Must be an 'idea person' and true problem-solver
• Ability to lead and inspire creative team members
• Must understand the retail environment and have their finger on the pulse of creative solutions from copy to design
• Team player that is highly organized
• Attention to detail and the 'bigger picture' a must
• Deadline oriented
• Minimum of 5 years of writing experience
• Minimum 2 years of fashion/retail or beauty experience
• Project or brand management experience
• MAC/PC proficient
• Knowledge of The Chicago Manual of Style and AP Handbook
• Must be able to communicate both verbally and in writing
• Must be able to type and manipulate a mouse
• Must be able to view copy