Title: Senior Graphic Designer/Art Director
Reporting To: SVP Marketing
About Us: Serena & Lily is a luxury home and linen company known for its sophisticated mix of pattern, color and a fresh inspirational style. With a wide range of products that include bedding, upholstery, furniture and décor for every room in the house, the brand has become a favorite among A-list celebrities. Serena & Lily is a multi-channel retailer that sells primarily through Catalogs, Web and Specialty and department stores such as Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales, among others. We are located in beautiful Sausalito, CA.
Summary of Role:
To concept, design and art direct collateral, packaging, advertising and sales materials that creatively and consistently reflect the company's brand identity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for seeing all projects through to completion. From concept and design to production
- Work closely with the Marketing Team to create collateral, promotional and advertising pieces
- Support the Sales Team in creating necessary sales material
- Work with the Sourcing & Planning Team to develop packaging for all products
- Work closely with the VP of Creative on the design and production of the catalog
- Assist in planning and art directing photo shoots
- Available to go on press checks
- As the design team grows, should be able to lead and manage junior designers and freelancers.
- 10+ years working within a design firm or other creative team environment
- Strong, conceptual thinker who possesses a wide range of design capabilities including a solid background in print, packaging, branding, typography, catalog production, retail graphics and also some web design experience
- Comfortable working with and managing outside vendors and printers 5+ years experience on press checks with a solid understanding of the printing process
- 5+ years art directing photo shoots. Preferably both studio and location photography
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills in order to juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Successfully manages their time, work flow and schedule in order to meet strict and sometimes aggressive deadlines
- Able to focus, with a keen attention to detail
- Possess solid presentation, listening and communication skills
- Open and receptive to design critique but also able to represent their own work and stand up for design they believe in
- Resourceful: Able to problem solve and find multiple design solutions, especially under narrow parameters or strict budget restraints
- Able to work quickly and efficiently
- Have some photo art direction experience
- Able to collaborate with other members of the Graphic Design team and effectively communicate their own ideas.
- Self-driven, proactive and a team player
- Must take pride in their work and be passionate about design
- Expertise in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
How to Apply:
email , resume, examples of your work, a cover letter and salary requirements
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.